Baked macaroni and cheese doesn’t need to be muddled with layers of fixings to be the spirit warming sustenance you desire. This rendition has satisfied group, small families, kids and picky eater’s alike– try it out and you’ll see why.
Some of the time you purchase that sparkling yellow macaroni in the crate. Your kids like it, yet it gleams like the kryptonite they utilized as a part of the old Christopher Reeve Superman motion pictures. That is not typical individuals. And I prefer not to break it to you, however there’s nothing genuine in that crate either. I loathe sustaining it to my kids and I set out say that you detest it as well.
This baked macaroni and cheese might be the most adaptable dish ever. Include some red pepper for kick, any cheeses, include veggies like broccoli and cleaved chicken and it’s a one-dish supper even. Make some garlic bread pieces for the best in the event that you need some crunch and toss those on. It’s extremely interminable.
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
A traditional mac and cheese. Heat it with your most loved cheeses, veggies or meats for a one-dish ponder.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 40 minutes
- Total Time : 55 minutes
- Servings : 6 people
- Calories : 335 kcal
- 1 1/2 cups elbow macaroni shells or cavatappi
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk not skim
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 2 cups of shredded cheese I like sharp cheddar and Swiss
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add a generous sprinkling of salt the pasta.
- While the pasta cooks, melt the butter in a skillet or pot large enough to hold the pasta when it’s done.
- Add the flour and stir over medium heat until the mixture is lightly browned; 1-2 minutes.
- Add the milk and whisk to remove any lumps and add the salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium-high heat until the sauce thickens and starts to bubble. About 6 minutes.
- Stir in the cheese and whisk until smooth and melted. Turn off the heat.
- When the pasta is almost done but still firm, drain it and add to the sauce.
- Stir the pasta into the sauce and heat in a lubed 2 quart dish (or a 8×8 skillet works quite well) 20-25 minutes until seared and bubbly. You can likewise skip preparing it in the event that you need it super smooth and simply put it under the grill to dark coloured the best (watch out for it) and then serve.
The more slender the dish, the less the heat time. I utilized a cast press skillet and mine was done in 25 minutes. A thicker dish like a 2 quart goulash will take 40 minutes.
Read Also Healthy Smoothie Recipe