Summer is knocking on the door and everyone loves to have something cool and refreshing to beat the heat. Here is the recipe of a delicious homemade pineapple mousse
Image source: myfoodstory
Summers always drain the life and energy out of individuals. Everyone has his or her own way of battling with the heat of the sun shining high in the sky. Some humans take help of different cable providers to beat the heat by watching some amazing series and movies with their loved ones. Other individuals love to cook and eat something sweet, cool, and refreshing.
Ice creams, milkshakes, lemonades, Frappuccino, smoothies, and mousse helps humans make their inner being satisfied and cool. You can make mousse of almost every fruit by bringing a few changes in the already known recipe. Majority of the hotels get the order of Pineapple Mousse as a dessert.
Everyone belonging to different age groups loves to eat Pineapple Mousse. Luckily, you can make this sweet recipe at your own home with some ingredients that are easily available at any grocery store. You can find different recipes online.
Here is an easy recipe for making your favorite dessert at home.
This recipe includes the crust along with Pineapple Mousse. Here are the ingredients you need to get for the crust and the mousse.
For the Mousse
- Two cans of juicy pineapple chunks (Make sure the juice is present in the cans)
- Two cups of pineapple juice (Fresh should be preferred)
- Two and a half tablespoons of gelatin powder
- Two teaspoons of lemon zest
- One cup softened cream cheese
- One and a half cup powdered sugar
- One cup sour cream
- Two cups heavy cream
- One fourth cup lemon juice (Fresh juice should be preferred)
- A half cup boiling water
For the Crust
- One cup unsalted pistachios
- A pack of Graham crackers (You can add any cracker of your choice as well)
- A half cup of sugar
- Some salt to taste
- Some cherries (Canned or fresh)
- Crushed chocolate (or chocolate chips)
- Some mint leaves
- Some cream in the tubes
Steps to Follow
- Collect all the above ingredients on your kitchen shelf before you start cooking. In case you have not found any ingredient, look for the alternative ingredients online.
- It is better that you begin with the mousse first. To make the mousse take a mixer and empty the canned pineapple chunks and juice in it. Blend it well for about two minutes and make sure that the puree is thick and rich in the appearance.
- Now take a bowl and place gelatin powder, one cup of juice of pineapple, and leave for five minutes. Now pour the boiling water along with remaining pineapple syrup, lemon zest, and juice. Stir it well until the mixture is perfectly blended.
- Now take the cream cheese in a bowl and blend it for about three minutes. The result should be foamy. Add the sour cream and the sugar into the mixture to blend for another three minutes.
- Mix the cream mixture with gelatin mixture created in the third step. Now add the pineapple puree you created in second step.
- Prepare an ice-water bath in an empty dish. Take the remaining cream to whisk with sugar. Make sure that the result is a soft foamy cream. Add the cream cheese mixture into it and place the bowl in ice-water bath.
- Now keep stirring until the mixture becomes one. Make use of the spatula to mix the ingredients well.
- Your Pineapple Mousse would be ready in 15 minutes of stirring the mixture.
- To make the crust of the mousse empty the cup of pistachios in the grinder and turn on the blender until a fine powder is formed.
- Add gram crackers or the crackers of your choice in the powdered pistachios with some salt and sugar on the top. Mix them well.
The Final Setting
Now that the crust and mousse are ready, take some glasses or a dish depending on your personal choice. Place the crust mixture at the bottom. Make the crust as much thick as you want. Pour as much mousse on the top of the crust as you want. Leave the mousse in the refrigerator for overnight.
Garnishing at the End
Image Source: sanjeevkapoor
- When your mousse is perfectly settled, you can take some cream in the garnishing cream to make some beautiful circles or flowers on the top of the mousse.
- Sprinkle some crushed pistachios or chocolate chips (or crushed chocolate) on it.
- Place 2 mint leaves in a corner of the glass and place three cherries on the top of it.
- If you want to replace the last step, place two halves of the strawberries on a corner of each glass or garnish the dish the way you want to do.